Today, more and more people are embracing remote work and flexible lifestyles. According to a 2016 Gallup poll, 43% of workers report working remotely at least some of the time. Although this type of work is not for everyone, many people thrive in this environment by becoming location-independent entrepreneurs or digital nomads. This article lists the top remote work apps designed to help you build a thriving lifestyle as an independent worker. These are the tools that can give you a competitive edge in this type of job market. Remote work apps like these make it easier to find great gigs, manage projects efficiently, meet new people, and stay connected with your virtual team members.
Project Management Apps
If you are going to choose the right remote work app, you’ll have to find a project management app that fits your specific needs. These apps vary widely in design and functionality, so you’ll want to choose one that can scale with your business.
We recommend these project management apps when working in a remote setting.
- Basecamp: This cloud-based work collaboration tool makes it easy to organize your projects, create checklists, and get timely notifications. You can assign tasks, set due dates, and create discussions for groups or individuals.
- Trello: Trello is a great tool for organizing your projects and sharing information with your team. It’s easy to use and free for individuals.
- Asana: Asana is known for simplicity, making it ideal for individuals who are new to project management. It offers built-in collaboration tools that allow you to easily share information with your team members.
- Wrike: Wrike is ideal for managing multiple projects with different team members. Its user-friendly interface allows you to easily manage your projects.
- Smartsheet: Smartsheet is a great option for spreadsheet lovers. You can use this tool to create to-do lists, organize your schedules, and more.
As you look for remote work apps, you’ll also want to find the best communication tools to use. Communication is key when working with remote team members, so it’s important to choose communication apps that fit your needs.
We recommend these communication apps for remote teams.
- Slack: Slack is a great app for communicating with your team members on the go. You can send direct messages, create group chats, and even send files to your team members.
- Zoom: If you need to conduct virtual meetings, Zoom is a great option. This app allows you to collaborate with your team members, conduct virtual meetings, and view content from your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Webex: Webex is another great virtual meeting tool. You can host webinars, and more with this remote work app.
- Google Meet: Prefer products by Google? Then Google Meet is the perfect choice. It’s a meeting website that’s light enough that it won’t burden your laptop too much.
Finding a Job App
As you look for remote work apps, you may also want to find a job app to help you find remote work opportunities.
- Remote OK: This job board is designed to connect you with employers and opportunities that fit your remote work lifestyle. It has a wide range of remote jobs in categories such as marketing, sales, programming, and administrative support.
- Remote Jobs: This job board features a wide variety of remote job opportunities in a variety of industries. It includes a search function that allows you to filter jobs based on your location, work hours, and experience level.
- We Work Remotely: This job board focuses on employers that welcome remote workers. You can search an extensive list of jobs in a variety of industries and filter by location.
- Remote Worker: This job board features jobs from a wide variety of employers. It also offers a remote job search filter that allows you to find jobs based on your location, hours, and experience level.
Virtual Assistants Apps
If you are looking for remote work apps, you may also want to find virtual assistant apps to help you start your business. Remote assistants provide administrative, creative, and marketing assistance to clients around the world. They typically work on a project-by-project basis, providing services such as writing, administrative support, scheduling, marketing, and data entry.
We recommend these virtual assistant apps for remote workers.
- Zirtual: Zirtual provides virtual assistants with health insurance, paid time off, and other benefits. You can sign up to become a remote employee or apply for remote assistant jobs.
- Time Etc: Time Etc offers a wide range of remote assistant job opportunities in industries including marketing, sales, and administrative support.
- Fancy Hands: Fancy Hands is another virtual assistant app that allows you to sign up to become a remote assistant or apply for remote assistant jobs.
- Vip Virtual Assistants: Vip Virtual Assistants is a platform designed to match businesses with remote assistants.
Travel and Communication Apps
If you are looking for remote work apps, you may also want to find travel apps to make it easier to travel while working.
- Tripit: Tripit allows you to organize your travel plans and keep track of your flight information and hotel reservations. You can sign up for a free account and add your trips as they arise.
- HotelTonight: HotelTonight allows you to find last-minute hotel deals at hotels near your destination. You can browse hotels based on your location and travel dates.
- Airbnb: Airbnb allows you to rent out your home when you travel and earn extra income. You can sign up for a free account and create a listing for your home.
- Seat Guru: SeatGuru allows you to find out which seats are best on your flight. You can search flights based on your preferred seat and travel dates.
Remote work apps make it easier to find the right remote work jobs, communicate with your team members, and travel while working. These apps make it easier to stay organized, manage your time, and build your business